Several species of trees are known for their fast growth rate, and paulownia is one of them. The tree is also widely known as the Empress Tree and the Princess Tree. The tree is native to China, Korea, and Japan. However, now considering its benefits, it is being cultivated in many regions around the globe.
Key features of the Empress Tree
Paulownia Tree has many unique features, and this is the reason why the market of plantation-grown Princess trees is expanding speedily. If you are looking forward to growing and selling this wonderful tree, it is best to seek some professional advice from Paulownia Energy. They offer individual approaches to every customer, as well as help in selecting the best tree species considering the customer’s climate zone. To develop a project in Europe, consider calling them.
Some of the characteristics of the Empress tree worth knowing are:
- Speedy growth rate: The tree grows about 10 to 15 feet in a single season, and reaches its maturity in just a span of 5 to 7 years. This fast growth rate makes it a perfect option for timber production. Also, it is an ideal choice for reforestation projects.
- Size and shape: Typically, the Princess tree will reach a height of 30 to 60 feet, and will spread about 20 to 30 feet. These trees have a straight cylindrical trunk and a broad spreading crown.
- Leaves: Most species of empress trees have dark green leaves of heart shape. These leaves are soft to the touch and grow up to 12 inches.
- Flowers: The tree produces attractive large fragrant clusters of lavender flowers in Spring.
- Timber: The timber of the Empress tree is very lightweight yet strong and durable. It is perfect for making furniture. Also, it is used for veneer, pulp, and other industrial applications.
- Medicinal properties: the tree is known to have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
There are even such species of the Empress tree that are specifically cultivated for their ornamental beauty. Paulownia Elongate is one of them. You will find this beautiful tree with purple flowers and big leaves in many gardens and parks.
Just like any other tree, the Empress tree is mainly cultivated for its timber. If you plan to grow paulownia for its timber, you will be happy to know that it can be used in a variety of applications like furniture making, construction, musical instruments, etc. Some of the characteristics that make this timber unique are:
- Lightweight: It is easy to handle, transport, and work with it.
- Sturdiness: It exhibits surprising strength, and thus can be used in the field of construction.
- Straight grain: Its appealing straight grain makes it ideal for use in furniture and cabinetry, as well as in high-end woodworking projects.
- Stability: The Paulownia wood is resistant to bending, cracking, and splitting. This makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Versatile: The timber is easy to paint and stain. This means it is possible to achieve any look and style.
There you go. Now you know enough about the Empress trees. Nevertheless, if you wish to know more, do check out the Official Facebook Profile of Paulownia Energy. They regularly post educational videos that are worth watching.